The Research Center in Semiconductor Technology for the Energetic (CRTSE -UDTS-) is an R&D entity founded in 2012 (UDTS was founded in 1988). It is a legal, private law, non-profit organization, under the supervision of the General Directorate for Scientific Research and Technological Development (DG-RSDT).
The mission of CRTSE is to carry out scientific research activities, technological innovation, recovery and post-graduate training in science and technology materials and devices for semiconductor applications in several areas :
Photovoltaics, sensors, optoelectronics, photonics, energy storage and environment and also in developing new products and services with industrial, economic and social impact.
Several sectors are concerned by the activity of the CRTSE: Mines, Energy, Environment, Telecommunications, Health and National Defense. Technological targets of applied and basic research at CRTSE include development and optimization of :
- Cell-manufacturing techniques and photovoltaic modules for earth and space applications ;
- Massive and thin film materials and input consumables, specific in photovoltaic technology ;
- Metallurgical treatment of various types of ores (silica, carbon, gallium) for obtaining basic materials for the photovoltaic conversion devices manufacturing, optoelectronics and detection ;
- Porous materials, their surface and the elaboration of nanostructures and colloidal systems ;
- Production of ultrapure water by membrane technology, and research and development on treating wastewater originating from semiconductors manufacturing.
- Croissance Cristalline des Semi-conducteurs et Procédés Métallurgiques.
- Développement des Dispositifs de Conversion à Semi-conducteurs.
- Couches Minces, Surfaces et Interfaces.
- Technologies Emergentes des Semi-conducteurs pour l’Energétique.
Organization of a summer school
Division Thin Films Surfaces and Interfaces (CMSI ) of CRTSE , is organizing a summer school on nanostructures and applications 7 to 13 September 2015 in Algiers. (http://ssna.crtse.dz).
An ENC delegation visit to CRTSE
Visit the CRTSE by Mr. Paul Von den Oosterkamp and Mr. Atef Hamdy from Energy Research Center ECN ( www.ecn.nl ) visited the CRTSE centre on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 for a future partnership in renewable étergies .